All new members must read the forum rules before posting to the forum !!!

CLICK HERE to read FORUM RULES!

Go Back   Amateur Voyeur Forum > Forum news, your feedback, questions and requests > Announcements, news, feedback, questions, requests

Old 08-20-2023, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neighbor622 View Post
TI'm trying to figure out how to take advantage without ruining my life.
Yes. Not ruining your life is absolutely the #1 priority. Don't be stupid. You have exactly the right way of thinking in this regard. No neighbours boobs, as lovely as the capture would be, are worth destroying your marriage, your family, and/or getting into trouble with the authorities.

As I said, the best way to take advantage of seeing a neighbour who gets naked in her window is to have the right equipment. Of course, that means the right equipment for your particular scenario. We can all say a DSLR (these days a mirrorless) camera with a good quality long focal length lens with manual exposure is the way to get the highest quality image. But if the circumstances don't allow, then they don't allow. That's it.

Then you have to weigh up whether it's worth lowering your standards to get at least a capture, or if you consider that the "opportunity" was not really an opportunity after all, and you move on.
The Following User Says Thank You to wex32 For This Useful Post:
youdontknowme (09-07-2023)

Old 08-27-2023, 04:28 AM

Another update here

I put one of my old iphones in a wooden box with the lens up against a pinhole with the iphone plugged into a portable battery. I'm actually pretty proud of this as the box is no bigger than a brick and the iphone slots in perfectly with the lens completely unobstructed. The box also perfectly fit in my gutter with the side with the pinhole barely peeking out over the lip of the gutter. It's about the best I could hope for because the box itself is basically not visible whatsoever from ground level. I assume the neighbor can see more of the box, but you cannot tell whatsoever that there is a camera there. The riskiest part is deploying it and taking it down since I have to use a ladder to get it in position.

Unfortunately that's all I have for good news. I was able to successfully deploy this thing and successfully captured the neighbor! The problem is my gutter is about 2-3 feet lower than the neighbor's window, multiply that by being about 25ish feet away and the angle is still unfortunately aiming fairly high into the ceiling of the neighbor's bathroom. It was unbeliveably frustrating to capture her undressing and see that she's clearly walking around naked, but I couldn't quite see her tits! I clearly captured her head and shoulders multiple times, and got footage of her taking her shirt and bra off but only got brief glimpses of her upper clevage (no nipples).

I think I might get lucky if she walked close enough to the window but unfortunately she never did in the capture I got.

I'll definitely be trying again when I can, but it was definitely disappointing to find that the angle is not quite right. Unfortunately i also do not have a better place to deploy this thing, my house is only 1 story while the neighbor's is two and I can't very well raise a flag to mount this thing on.

Fingers crossed that one day I'll get a good look.
The Following User Says Thank You to neighbor622 For This Useful Post:
kylegendary (09-16-2023)

Old 08-30-2023, 02:11 PM

Sounds like it was a long shot, surprised you did get the video.

Have you ever considered installing a cheap small solar panel on a tall pole where the hedge is (closest to her window). This wouldn't raise any suspicions since it's new tech that serves a true purpose. The solar panel will be used to power a small device or yard lights, and of course; on the back of the solar pole will be a camera in a box.

You can also control and see your iphone camera using an apple watch. The watch will turn on the power and camera app automatically when you start the app. This way you don't have to be recording at random times without a visual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neighbor622 View Post
Another update here

I put one of my old iphones in a wooden box with the lens up against a pinhole with the iphone plugged into a portable battery. I'm actually pretty proud of this as the box is no bigger than a brick and the iphone slots in perfectly with the lens completely unobstructed. The box also perfectly fit in my gutter with the side with the pinhole barely peeking out over the lip of the gutter. It's about the best I could hope for because the box itself is basically not visible whatsoever from ground level. I assume the neighbor can see more of the box, but you cannot tell whatsoever that there is a camera there. The riskiest part is deploying it and taking it down since I have to use a ladder to get it in position.

Unfortunately that's all I have for good news. I was able to successfully deploy this thing and successfully captured the neighbor! The problem is my gutter is about 2-3 feet lower than the neighbor's window, multiply that by being about 25ish feet away and the angle is still unfortunately aiming fairly high into the ceiling of the neighbor's bathroom. It was unbeliveably frustrating to capture her undressing and see that she's clearly walking around naked, but I couldn't quite see her tits! I clearly captured her head and shoulders multiple times, and got footage of her taking her shirt and bra off but only got brief glimpses of her upper clevage (no nipples).

I think I might get lucky if she walked close enough to the window but unfortunately she never did in the capture I got.

I'll definitely be trying again when I can, but it was definitely disappointing to find that the angle is not quite right. Unfortunately i also do not have a better place to deploy this thing, my house is only 1 story while the neighbor's is two and I can't very well raise a flag to mount this thing on.

Fingers crossed that one day I'll get a good look.

Old 11-13-2023, 05:40 AM

Long overdue follow up here. I've made about 5 or 6 additional recordings since my last post using the same phone in a box setup but unfortunately none have been successful. In a couple of the recordings I again managed to capture my neighbor obviously topless but could not see anything below her upper chest/shoulders because the camera angle is looking up into the bathroom and she has never come close enough to the window to show her tits.

However, I have since learned of a potential new opportunity that may present even better viewing. At the rear of my neighbor's house is a small balcony on the second floor with a glass sliding door. It looks like the balcony is off the bedroom (the bedroom is used to exit to the balcony). From the very rear of my yard there is a view through that glass sliding door into that bedroom. One evening I was playing with my kids in the yard and caught a quick glimpse of my neighbor walking past that sliding door and she was just in a bra! Just like the bathroom the blinds are completely open!

I've drawn up a quick sketch of the layout of my situation. My house is number 1, my neighbor's is number 2. The horizontal short red line is the current view I've tried to exploit looking over a hedge (represented by the green line). This is where I placed an old iphone inside a wooden box on the roof of my house in the gutter and am trying to look into my neighbor's 2nd story bathroom.

The new opportunity is represented by the longer diagonal red line. At the very corner of my yard, it is possible to see through this sliding door into this bedroom! This presents to me as a golden opportunity because the glass sliding door is a potential floor to ceiling view.

However, I'm not sure where to even begin with mounting a camera to take in the view so I'm looking for advice from other users on equipment recommendations and other mounting options.

The reason things are so difficult is that back corner of my yard is completely barren, no trees, no structures, nothing. The only thing there is a chain link fence separating my yard from my neighbor's. This presents another challenge, since it's completely out in the open, any equipment mounted will be visible to both my neighbor and my wife. At night this isn't an issue since it's pitch black back there, but during the day, it's completely out in the open and anything there is at a height to be easily examined by anyone curious.

As such, I'm open to any and all suggestions on how people think I could take advantage and film my neighbor. My biggest challenge is my wife and kids as they will see anything I put in that back corner and may have questions about it. My one thought is putting something back there temporarily at the start of the evening and taking it down later at night before anyone wakes up to see it. That presents some large personal risk however as I have to sneak out there in the pitch black and set something up without my wife noticing. There is also the risk my neighbor or my wife will turn our respective yard lights and then any equipment back there would be illuminated for all to see.

My ideal would be something inconspicuous that can be easily setup and taken down. Where if it's seen temporarily by someone it doesn't raise any eyebrows. Alternatively I'm open to more permanent setups, but it needs to be something that I can explain to my wife why it has appeared back there.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm happy to hear them.

Old 12-12-2023, 12:35 AM

I don't know if this is the right place to post this or if I should start a new thread. Basically I moved into a new place and noticed a while back that the neighbor across the street has no problem walking around naked in front of the window. I bought a spotting scope from amazon that does provide good detail, however the window is a large bay window and I guess the window is too close.

This is what I'm dealing with. The red circle is what I see through the scope on my phone. She walks around a lot and moving it left and right is hard. I'm looking to find something that can increase the zoom of my iphone. I have a new iphone 15 and an old iphone 12. Ideally I want to have the entire window in frame. The distance from my window to hers according to google maps is around 35-37m.

This is similar to the scope I'm using.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 12-31-2023, 08:01 AM

The spotting scope is a nice handy tool.

But for your application I think you need a variable focal length. In my personal opinion, the iPhone or any other mobile phone is not the tool for the job. It might do in certain circumstances but usually, with windows, you are far away and so the iPhone is not going to do the job most of the time.

If you're really far away then you're basically down the road of a proper DSLR and a really nice long lens - say a 600mm with x2 doubler for backup.
Good thing with a DSLR (mirrorless, these days) is you can swap out the lens for a shorter one if you're not that far away. And the quality will be 100%. You can even set it up on a nice tripod and set it going for the night, visit back every time you get a beer to check it's still recording.

A good, much cheaper alternative to that would be a SONY handicam or similar device. But you won't be getting the zoom required for really long distance with that. Some of them have night modes though which aren't really good enough for the pitch black dark but will certainly light up a dimly lit window very well.

Another alternative - again for the not so far away scenario - is a raspberry pi with the HQ camera and the lenses you can get for it. You can also buy a mount that allows you to fit the Rpi to the back and the lens to the front, so that you basically have a proper camera. The HQ camera comes with a tripod mount as well.
The RPI quality will be OK if the right lens is used, but definitely not as good as the handicam or the DSLR. But one advantage of the Rpi is you can use a tool called "motion" which will allow you to set it up to only take footage when motion is detected in the window. So if your install location is out of sight, this would be a fire and forget option for the entire night. And in the Morning you just review what it caught.