All new members must read the forum rules before posting to the forum !!!

CLICK HERE to read FORUM RULES!

Go Back   Amateur Voyeur Forum > Forum news, your feedback, questions and requests > Announcements, news, feedback, questions, requests

Old 04-25-2022, 07:46 PM

Default Help request for choosing video camera for hidden recordings

Hello!
My old DCR-HC45 is not working anymore.It was excellent as a hidden cam.I would like your opinion which camcorder model from the still existing ones is suitable to be used inside a bag.
System Requirements:
1. To have an On/Off button that is not beneath the LCD screen
2 .To function with the LCD screen closed
3.To have analog AV-out connector that is not beneath the LCD screen
4. To have a remote control that will work as the camcorder powers on, and not to require a connecting procedure
5.Zoom at least 20x, more the better
After days of research I found out that almost all camcorder designers are complete idiots, because the new camcorders have the following issues:
1.Some camcorders don't have an On/Off button
2.All camcorders shut down when you close the LCD (some do not shut down only if there is recording in progress or Wi-Fi connection)
3.The On/Off button when present is beneath the LCD screen
4.The AV-out is always beneath the LCD screen
5.Some camcorders do not overlay the camcorder HUD through AV-out
6.Though Wi-Fi control with Live View is an awesome feature the phone always must be paired with the camcorder, it will not auto-pair when you start the camcorder.
I run some tests with Panasonic V770, but I'm exposed when I start the camcorder, pair it with the phone and put it in the bag. And while I fiddle with the pairing the event vanishes. It is not feasible to keep the camcorder always on, it will discharge the battery fast, and also the phone will die faster with Wi-Fi and live view running.
I need a camcorder that can be started and stopped in the bag, with the LCD closed.
Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Tags
hidden cam