View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 11:51 AM
Gold Member

Thanked 3,436 Times in 180 Posts

I have a little problem relating to this. Twitter are probably the best source of new material at the moment and it's searchable. Twicsy are a good site to search for just pics. There's just one problem.

Twicsy doesn't include pics from "pic.twitter.com", where photos uploaded directly to twitter are located. It's a fairly new service but it seems like most pictures are uploaded that way and sites likes Lockerz (reallu crappy site btw), Twitpic and Yfrog are losing users fast.

Twitters own search engine aren't compatible with searching for "pic.twitter.com" entries either. I don't think it searches in links. Searching for just pee/peeing/piss/pissing and then trying to locate the entries with a pic are very time consuming. At times you could get up to 100 tweets per minute for words like pee and piss. Good luck finding the non-searchable "pic.twitter" pics that way.

So... My question. Does anyone know a solution? Is there a site that search for pic.twitter pics? A site where it's possible to search for tweets that includes links?

GS65: Yeah, the YeePee Movement was great. She really got girls to pee outside and then proudly tell the world. Unfortunately it has sort of become a little forgotten during the winter. July - September there could be 20-30 tweets about it during a weekend. Now there's at most 1-2 tweets about it during a weekend. Let's hope that Angela starts to tweet about it in the summer again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noname22 For This Useful Post:
dredrickt (02-26-2012), GS65 (03-23-2012)