View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 10:36 PM
Gold Member

Thanked 16,646 Times in 1,446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer View Post
I appreciate the effort to prevent censorship and of course the legwork to find said content... however:
Your addon tends to get 'hits' in higher quality after the video starts, sometimes not until its nearly over (or completely downloaded to your ram already)
Not a fan of youtube video downloader since they monetized their software; probably why this symptom I mention happens. Videos are often also watermarked with a huge (20% of video) qr code to their dev site.

I'll assume you've paid into it?

4k video downloader doesn't seem to have that issue but can't download private or unlisted content

And due to the dishonest nature of the human ego, how can we trust you'll never miss a higher quality video?
Just link the codes (after watch=?) but not the whole address, to avoid the algorithm bot censorship. If some asshat sjw wants to go to the effort to report after manually entering a video code they truly have no life and should be allowed to waste it like that.

I on the other hand, want to see if you're really getting the best quality instead of having to take your word for it, since most videos here are copies of copies in lower quality than their orig.
I haven't paid for it; I just use it because it's conveniently an addon in firefox. If you like the particular video though, feel free to upload it in 1280k or whatever. I don't see it on y2mate https://y2mate.com/youtube/LROZr84mopQ

I try my best to upload the best quality for the very best videos. Most are, by definition, average.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yellowii For This Useful Post:
Bringer (11-20-2018), isham (11-18-2018)