View Single Post
Old 08-06-2023, 08:25 AM

Default Window Voyeur Recommendations

I'm looking for tips on window voyeur. I have a neighbor who showers with the window curtain fully raised so there is the possibility for an amazing view. I got lucky one night coming home and saw her naked back but haven't had an opportunity to see anything since.

After that first sighting I set up a high quality 2k security camera to watch my "yard" which conveniently has the neighbor's window captured in the corner of the cam's field of view. The problem is, once the lights for the neighbor's bathroom come on, I can't see a damn thing in that room on the cam. All that happens is a bright white square appears and you can't see anything inside the room. There's the occasional flash of a shadow moving as it blocks the light, but absolutely zero fine detail is visible. This is the case when the cam's night vision is on or off.

I'm hoping someone has some tips for getting around this and making it so the security camera can actually see into the room. I got an Arlo camera so the camera is quite high end so I doubt upgrading the camera would help. What I'm hoping is there is some sort of screen I can place over the lens or other camera placement technique which would help.

Unfortunately I cannot record on my phone or another camera while standing in my yard because my wife installed motion lights in our yard which I would trigger and allow anyone to see me creeping. She would also find it very suspicious if I went into the yard randomly at night as I have zero reason to be out there.

The neighbors window does not face any of my windows so I also cannot record from inside my house.

As such, the cleanest and easiest way to get some recordings is if I can get the security cam to work so it can see inside the window. Appreciate if anyone has any tips or recommendations.